Combatting antisemitism: Trump signed an executive order that allows the government to withhold money from college campuses deemed to be anti-semitic and that fail to combat antisemitism.
- Anti-semitic harassment on college campuses aimed at pro-Israel students jumped 70% in 2019.
- Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz called this measure "a game-changer", and said it was:
- "One of the most important events in the 2,000-year battle against antisemitism" - Alan Dershowitz
Sources: NYTimes, AISH
Promoting holocaust education: Trump signed the 'Never Again' Holocaust education bill which allocates $10 million to expand Holocaust awareness and create a website with curriculum materials for teachers nationwide. That action by Trump will ensure that the horrors of the Holocaust - in which six million Jewish people were slaughtered - will never happen again.
Sources: TimesOfIsrael, Newsweek
Keeping promises for Israel: President Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moved the American embassy there. Many Presidents promised to do this but never did.
- In March 2019, President Trump signed a proclamation that recognized Israel's sovereignty over Golan Heights.
- President Trump opposed the UN Security Council Resolution 2334 which claimed that Israel's settlements have no legal validity.
- President Trump signed into law the Taylor Force Act, which stated that no American government funds shall be given to a Palestinian entity that financially rewards terrorists or their families.
Sources: NYTimes, Newsweek, Congress.gov
Fighting for freedom of religion: Trump signed an executive order on advancing international religious freedom. The executive order dedicates $50 million to the State Department and the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to fund programs that promote and defend religious freedoms abroad.
- The order also calls on diplomats to work harder to hold partner countries to account for religious discrimination.
- "Religious Freedom, America's First Freedom is a moral and national security imperative" - Donald Trump
Promoting peace in the Middle East: President Trump unveiled the "Peace to Prosperity" peace plan to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Israel & Bahrain have decided to reconcile their relationship in a peace deal that was brokered by US President Donald Trump.
- Donald Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner negotiated a historic peace agreement between Israel and the UAE.
- The Abraham Accords are the most significant development in the Arab-Israel conflict in the last 25 years.
Sources: TabletMag, ThePrint, NYTimes
Bringing Jewish heritage into the White House: Trump is the father of an Orthodox Jew and counts Jews among his closest advisers and supporters. Few other serious presidential candidates have had as u-close or as personal an experience with Jews or Judaism.
- His daughter, Ivanka, converted to Orthodox Judaism in 2009. Trump is the first President to be the parent and grand-parent of observant Jews.
- The Trump Organization's longtime Chief Financial Officer and general counsel are both observant Jews.