Support For The LGBT Community
The Trump Administration launched a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in nations where it's still illegal to be gay.
Trump pledged to end HIV for the LGBT Community (and general community) and kept his word. He secured a historic donation of free HIV medication for over 200,000 people.
President Trump's proposed fiscal 2021 budget calls for $716 million in funding for his initiative to eliminative new HIV infections.
LGBT Appointments To Government
Trump continuously nominated LGBT people into government, appointing 5 openly gay ambassadors.
President Trump made history by appointing Richard Grenell to serve as acting director of national intelligence. The new job, a cabinet-level position, makes Grenell the highest serving openly gay man to hold federal office in US History.
Grenell led the United Nations in condemning 69 countries that still outlaw homosexuality.
Huge Difference in Trump & Biden's Origins
- First President in history to support gay marriage at the time of his election
- First Republican President to promote LGBT Pride Month
- Donated heavily to charities that focused on the AIDS outbreak in the 1980s and 1990s
- First private club owner in Palm Beach, Floria to admit an openly gay couple
- Voted for the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996, blocking federal recognition of same-sex marriages
- Voted to cut off federal funds to schools that teach the acceptance of homosexuality
- In 1972, wondered if homosexuals in the military or government were potential 'security risks'
LGBT Support for Trump Has Grown
A poll found that the following groups plan on voting for President Trump come the next election.
- 18% of gay men
- 11% of lesbian women
- 18% of transgender people
To argue that Trump is the most anti-LGBT President in history means suggesting that nearly 1-in-5 gay men and nearly 1-in-5 transgender people intend to vote for a man that hates them.
Sources: NBC, WashingtonExaminer